Dua and Supplications are a form of invocation to a Muslim’s Prays to seek Blessing from his lord. This is a selection of a few dua from Quran and authentic hadith which are immensely powerful to shape our Duniya and akhirah. These are a part of Treasure from Paradise -A-List of short dua which can be read in one minute.
Our Good deeds and dhikr
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “The good deeds of any person will not make him enter Paradise (i.e., no one enters paradise only through his good deeds).” The Prophet’s companions asked: “Not even you?”
The Prophet replied: “Not even myself, unless God bestows his favor and mercy on me. So be moderate in your religious deeds and do what is within your ability. None of you should wish for death, for if he is a doer of good, he may increase his good deeds, and if he is an evil doer, he may repent to God.” – Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Hadith 577
TREASURE OF PARADISE
The Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam-said :
Shall I not inform you of a statement, which is a treasure from the treasures of Paradise? I said: Yes O Messenger of Allaah, may my father and mother be sacrificed for you! He said: say:
لَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ إِلَّا بِاللَّهِ
There is no capability nor is there any power except with Allaah.
Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illaa billaah
20 Short Dua to read every day
Here are 20 short Duas (supplications) that can be read every day:
1)SubhanAllah (Glory be to Allah)
Whoever recites [the above] one Hundred times, a thousand good deeds are recorded for him or a thousand bad deeds are wiped away.
2)La illaha illallah(There is no God but Allah)
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
- If we say this dua one hundred times a day, we will get the reward of freeing 10 slaves, 100 good deeds written and, 100bad deeds will be wiped off and Satan will not harm you that day.
- In one minute we can say Laa ilaaha illa Allaah approximately 50 times. This is the greatest word, for it is the word of Tawheed, the good word, the word that stands firm. If these are the last words of a person, he will enter Paradise, and there are other reports which indicate how great these words are.
- Li kulli shay’in miftahun wa miftahu al-jannati shahadatu an La ilaha illallah. “Everything has its key, and the key to Paradise is the witnessing that there is no god but Allah.” Narrated by Tabarani from Mu`qal ibn Yasar. Wahb confirmed its authenticity as related in one of the chapter-titles in Bukhari’s Sahih
بِسْمِ ٱللَّٰهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
ٱلْحَمْدُ لِلَّٰهِ رَبِّ ٱلْعَالَمِينَ
مَٰلِكِ يَوْمِ ٱلدِّينِ
إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وَإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ
ٱهْدِنَا ٱلصِّرَٰطَ ٱلْمُسْتَقِيمَ
صِرَٰطَ ٱلَّذِينَ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ غَيْرِ ٱلْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا ٱلضَّالِّينَ
In one minute we can recite Soorat al-Faatihah 3 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Some scholars said that the reward for reading al-Faatihah is more than 600 hasanahs, so if you read it 3 times you will, by the permission of Allaah, gain more than 1800 hasanahs – all of that in one minute.
قُلْ هُوَ اللَّهُ أَحَدٌ
لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
وَلَمْ يَكُن لَّهُ كُفُوًا أَحَدٌ
- In one minute we can recite Soorat al-Ikhlaas (Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad) 20 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Reciting it once is equivalent to one-third of the Qur’an. If you read this dua 20 times it is equivalent to reading the Qur’an 7 times. If you read it 20 times in one minute each day, you will have read it 600 times in one month, and 7200 times in one year, which will be equal in reward to reading the Qur’an 2400 times.
- Abu Hurayrah reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) heard a man reciting Qul huwa Allaahu ahad, and said, “It is his right.’ They asked,‘O Messenger of Allaah, what is his right?’ He said, ‘Paradise is his right.’ (Reported by Imaam Ahmad, 7669)
- The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever recites Qul huwa Allaahu ahad ten times, Allaah will build for him a house in Paradise.”
- Surah Ikhlas is one-Third of Qur’an: Narrated Qutaadah ibn al-Nu’maan (R.A) who said that a man stayed up to worship Allah at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) just before dawn and recited “Qul huwa Allaahu ahad,” but did not recite anything else. In the morning, the man came to the Prophet
(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and told him about this, thinking that perhaps he was not doing enough. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “By the One in Whose hand is my soul, it is equivalent to one-third of the Qur’aan.” (al-Bukhaari, 4627).
5)Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wahdahu laa shareeka lah, lahu’l-mulk wa lahu’l-hamd wa huwa ‘ala kulli shay’in qadeer
لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لاَ شَرِيكَ لَهُ لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ يحي و يميت وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ
In one minute we can say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wahdahu laa shareeka lah, lahu’l-mulk wa lahu’l-hamd wa huwa ‘ala kulli shay’in qadeer (There is no god except Allaah alone with no partner; to Him be dominion and praise, and He is Able to do all things) – 20 times.
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever says Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wahdahu laa shareeka lah, lahu’l-mulk wa lahu’l-hamd wa huwa ‘ala kulli shay’in qadeer one hundred times in a day will have (a reward) equivalent to freeing ten slaves, one hundred hasanaat (good deeds) will be recorded for him and one hundred sayi’aat (bad deeds) will be erased from him, and he will be protected from the Shaytaan for that day until evening comes. No one can do anything better than what he has done except one who does more than that. Whoever says Subhaan Allaah wa bi hamdihi (Glory and praise be to Allaah) one hundred times in a day, his sins will be erased even if they were like the foam of the sea.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.
6)Subhaan Allaah wa bi hamdihi Subhaan Allaah il-‘Azeem
سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَبِحَمْدِهِ
سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ الْعَظِيمِ
In one minute we can say Subhaan Allaahi wa bi hamdihi Subhaan Allaah il-‘Azeem (Glory and praise be to Allaah, glory be to Allaah the Almighty) 50 times. These are two phrases which are light on the lips, heavy in the balance and beloved to the Most Merciful, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.
- Abu Dharr (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said to me, “Shall I tell you the expression that is most loved by Allah?” It is `Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdihi’ (Allah is free from imperfection and His is the praise)’.”[Muslim].
- Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, “There are two statements that are light for the tongue to remember, heavy in the Scales and are dear to the Merciful: `Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdihi, Subhan-Allahil-Azhim [Glory be to Allah and His is the praise, (and) Allah, the Greatest is free from imperfection)’.”[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
- Jabir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, “For him who says: `Subhan-Allahi wa bi hamdihi (Allah is free from imperfection, and I begin with praising Him, and to Him),’ a palm-tree will be planted in Jannah.”[At-Tirmidhi].
- Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, “He who recites in the morning and in the evening the statement: `Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdihi (Allah is free from imperfection and I begin with praising Him)’ one hundred times, will not be surpassed on the Day of Resurrection by anyone with better deeds than one who utters the same words or utters more of these words.”[Muslim].
- Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah’s Apostle said, “Whoever says, ‘Subhan Allah wa bihamdihi,’ one hundred times a day, will be forgiven all his sins even if they were as much as the foam of the sea. (Book #75, Hadith #414)
7) Subhaan Allaah, wa’l-hamdu Lillah, wa laa ilaah ill-Allaah, wa Allaahu akbar
سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ وَلاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَاللَّهُ أَكْبَرُ
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When I say ‘Subhaan Allaah, wa’l-hamdu Lillah, wa laa ilaah ill-Allaah, wa Allaahu akbar (Glory be to Allaah, praise be to Allaah, there is no god except Allaah, and Allaah is Most Great)’, this is more beloved to me than all that the sun rises upon.” (Narrated by Muslim). In one minute, we can say all of these words more than 18 times. These words are the most beloved words to Allaah, the best of words, and they weigh heavily in the balance of good deeds, as was narrated in the saheeh ahaadeeth.
8)Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa Billaah
In one minute we can say, Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa Billaah (there is no strength and no power except with Allaah) more than 40 times. This is one of the treasures of Paradise, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim. They are a means of putting up with difficulties and of aiming to achieve great things.
We read this 33 times each after every salah/namaj
The Prophet (SAW) said: Whoever reads Subhanallah 100 times in the morning and 100 times in the evening, will get the reward equal to that person who has performed 100 Hajj.
The Prophet (SAW) said: Whoever reads Alhamdulillah 100 times – it will be as though he has participated in 100 Jihads.
The Prophet (SAW) said: whoever reads Allahuakbar 100 times in the morning and 100 times in the evening, on the Day of Judgment no one will be able to bring more good deeds than him, apart from the one who has read more.
10)Subhaan Allaah wa bi hamdih, ‘adada khalqihi, wa ridaa nafsihi, wazinata ‘arshihi, wa midaada kalimaatihi
سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَبِحَمْدِهِ
وَ مِدَادَ كَلِمَاتِهِ
In one minute you we can say Subhaan Allaah wa bi hamdih, ‘adada khalqihi, wa ridaa nafsihi, wazinata ‘arshihi, wa midaada kalimaatihi (Glory and praise be to Allaah, as much as the number of His creation, as much as pleases Him, as much as the weight of His Throne and as much as the ink of His words) more than 15 times. This words bring many more times the reward for other forms of tasbeeh and dhikr, as was reported in saheeh ahaadeeth from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).
In one minute we can seek the forgiveness of Allaah more than 100 times by saying “Astaghfir-Allaah (I seek the forgiveness of Allaah). The virtues of seeking forgiveness are no secret, for it is the means of attaining forgiveness and entering Paradise, and it is the means of being granted a good life, increasing one’s strength, warding off disasters, making things easier, bringing rain and increasing one’s wealth and children.
12) Send blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)
اللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ، وَعَلَى آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ، كَمَا صَلَّيْتَ عَلَى آلِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، إِنَّكَ حَمِيدٌ مَجِيدٌ، اللَّهُمَّ بَارِكْ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ، وَعَلَى آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ، كَمَا بَارَكْتَ عَلَى آلِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، إِنَّكَ حَمِيدٌ مَجِيدٌ
In one minute we can send blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) 50 times by saying Sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam (May Allaah bless him and grant him peace). In return Allaah will send blessings upon you 500 hundred times because one blessing brings ten like it.
بِسْمِ ٱللّٰهِ ٱلرَّحْمٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
The Prophet (SAW) said: in return for every letter read, Allah will grant 4000 good deeds, forgive 4000 bad deeds, and raise your rank by 4000 times.
14)Darood (e.g. Salallahualayhiwasalam)
اللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وَعَلَى آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ، كَمَا صَلَّيْتَ عَلَى آلِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، إِنَّكَ حَمِيدٌ مَجِيدٌ، اللَّهُمَّ بَارِكْ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وَعَلَى آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ، كَمَا بَارَكْتَ عَلَى آلِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، إِنَّكَ حَمِيدٌ مَجِيدٌ ”.
The Prophet (SAW) said: Whoever sends Darood (salutaions) on me once, Allah grants him 10 good deeds, forgives 10 sins, and raises his rank by 10 times
15)Astaghfirullaha wa atuubu ilaihi
سبحان الله وبحمده، أستغفر الله، وأتوب إليه
It was narrated from Abu Hurairah that :the Messenger of Allah (saas) said: ‘I seek the forgiveness of Allah and repent to Him one hundred times each day.’
Sunan Ibn Majah 3815
16 ) Ayate Karima
لَآ اِلٰهَ اِلَّآ اَنتَ سُبحٰنَکَ اِنِّی کُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِینَ
This is also known as Ayate Karima which means There is no god but You (O my Lord!). Glory be to You! Verily, I have been of the wrongdoers. Sa’d Ibne Malik RA narates: I heard Prophet SAW Saying: Should I not inform you of Allah’s Greatest Name (Isme Azam) when dua is invoked with it, it is accepted and what is asked for thought it is given? This is the supplication through which Yunus (as) called Allah (swt) from within three darkness. This is as under: La ilaha illa anta,Subhanaka,Inni kuntu minaz-zalimin (There is no god but You, You are far exalted and above all weaknesses, and I was indeed the wrongdoer). A man asked: O Rasulullah, Is this dua special for Yunus (as) or for all the believers? Muhammad (saw) replied: Have you not heard the words of Allah (in the Quran): ”And We delivered Yunus(as) of his distress, thus We grant deliverance to all believers [Quran]”. Rasulullah (saw) said: When any Muslim makes dua with these words during his illness 40 times and then, if he dies of that disease, he is granted the reward of a martyr and if he recovers from that disease, then all his sins are forgiven. [Mustadrak Hakim]
17) (Ash-hadu an lā ilāha illallāh, waḥdahu lā sharīka lahu, ilahan wahidan, aḥadan ṣamadan lam yattakhidh ṣāḥibatan wa lā waladan wa lam yakun lahu kufuwan aḥad)
أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لاَ شَرِيكَ لَهُ إِلَهًا وَاحِدًا أَحَدًا صَمَدًا لَمْ يَتَّخِذْ صَاحِبَةً وَلاَ وَلَدًا وَلَمْ يَكُنْ لَهُ كُفُوًا أَحَدٌ
Tamim Ad-Dari narrated that: The Messsenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “Whoever says ten times: ‘I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah. Alone, without partner, One Deity, the One, As-Samad, He did not take a wife, nor a child, nor is there anyone like Him, (Ash-hadu an lā ilāha illallāh, waḥdahu lā sharīka lahu, ilahan wahidan, aḥadan ṣamadan lam yattakhidh ṣāḥibatan wa lā waladan wa lam yakun lahu kufuwan aḥad)’ Allah will write for him forty million good deeds. ”Jami At Tirmidhi Hadith No. 3473
18) Subhan Allah wa behamdehi subhan Allahil azeem wa behamdehi”
سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَبِحَمْدِهِ سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ الْعَظِيمِ وَبِحَمْدِهِ
“Subhan Allah wa behamdehi subhan Allahil azeem wa behamdehi”
19)Subhanallah Walhamdulillah Wa La illaha illalah Allahu Akbar Wala Howla Wa La Quwata Illah Billah Hil Aliyil Azim
سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ وَلاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَاللَّهُ أَكْبَرُ وَلاَ حَوْلَ وَلاَ ِقُوَّةَ إِلاَّ بِاللَّهِ العَلِىِّ الاَظِيم
Glory be to Allah and Praise to Allah, and there is no God but Allah, and Allah is the Greatest. And there is no Might or Power except with Allah.(Subhanallahe Wal Hamdulillahe Wa Laa ilaha illal Laho Wallahooakbar. Wala Haola Wala Quwwata illa billahil AliYil Azeem.)
This is the third kalima
20)La ilaha il Allaho wahdahu la shareeka lahu lahul mulko wa lahul hamdo yohi wa yumeeto wa yohi wa huwa hayyun la yamooto be yadahil khaire wa huwa ala kulle shaiyin qadeer
لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ، وَحْدَهُ لاَ شَرِيكَ لَهُ، لَهُ الْمُلْكُ، وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ، وَهْوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَىْءٍ قَدِيرٌ
Narrated Abu Huraira (RadhiAllahu ‘anhu):Allah’s Messenger ﷺ said, “If one says one-hundred (100) times in one (1) day:لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللهُ وَحْدَهُ لاَ شَرِيْكَ لَهُ، لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ، وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيْرٌ
“laa ilaaha illallaahu Wahdahu la shareeka lahu, lahul mulku wa lahul hamdu, wa Huwa ‘alaa kulli shayy’in Qadeer”
one will get the rewards of:
1. manumitting ten (10) slaves,
2. and one-hundred (100) good deeds will be written in his account,
3. and one-hundred (100) bad deeds will be wiped off or erased from his account,
4. and on that day he will be protected from the morning till evening from Satan,
5. and nobody will be superior to him except one who has done more than that which he has done.”
[Sahih Bukhari – Book 54, Hadith 514]
These were 20 short Dua from Quran.
Benefits of Short Dua to read every day
Reciting short duas (Islamic prayers) on a daily basis can have many benefits for an individual. Some of these benefits include:
- Increased mindfulness and spiritual connection: Reciting duas regularly can help an individual stay more focused on their faith and maintain a closer connection to God.
- Increased sense of security and protection: Many duas include requests for protection and guidance, which can provide an individual with a sense of security and peace of mind.
- Improved mental and emotional well-being: The act of reciting duas can be calming and soothing, which can help to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Increased sense of gratitude: Many duas include expressions of gratitude, which can help an individual develop a more positive and grateful outlook on life.
- Greater focus and concentration: Reciting duas regularly can help an individual focus their mind and improve their concentration.
- Greater sense of community: Reciting duas together with other believers can help to foster a sense of community and shared purpose.