Love expresses in different ways. This can be expressed by actions or words. Even though people have different personalities, cultures, gender and race, we each have our own way of expressing love. Let someone know that you like it does not necessarily cost money. Sometimes a simple and brief love quote is enough to show how much you like it. Sometimes our own words are not enough to describe our feelings, and that's good. We will not always find the right words to say; a little help from the internet may suffice. In fact, that's why we compiled these beautiful short love quotes. We want to help you!
The quotes we share with you may be short, but they all have meaning and are special. Of course, it's much better to include flowers and maybe a surprise dinner to make your love confession really special, but that's not always the case. Sometimes your presence and affection mean more than a thousand words you say.
We hope that these short love quotes will not only make your family smile but will also keep your relationship sweeter over the years!
Short love quotes
1. Love is about meeting someone who tells you something new about yourself. – André Breton
2. Love is never wrong. – Melissa Etheridge
3. We love the things we love for what they are. – Robert Frost
4. A flower can not bloom without sun, and the man can not live without love. – Max Muller
5. Being in love with you makes every day an interesting day.
6. I like you a little, it's a little but a lot.
7. Speak low, if you talk about love. – William Shakespeare
8. If you like it enough, anyway will talk with you. – George Washington Carver
9. Where there is love, there is life. – Mahatma Gandhi
10. Love comforts like the sun after the rain. – William Shakespeare
11. Love is a game that two can play and both win. – Eva Gabor
12. Loving yourself has never been an option – it was a necessity.
13. A man is already half-in love with a woman who listens. – Brendan Francis
14. Your love is everything I need to feel complete.
15. There is more pleasure to love than to be loved. – Thomas Fuller
16. If music is the food of love, keep going. – William Shakespeare
17. Stay by your side. Give him two arms to hang on and something hot to come. – Tammy Wynette
18. Love all, trust a few, do not do anything to anyone. – William Shakespeare
19. No matter the weather, love is eternal.
20. The dear ones are unable to die because love is immortality. – Emily Dickinson
21. Love is a better master than duty. – Albert Einstein
22. What is love? It is the morning and evening star. – Sinclair Lewis
23. We love because it's the only real adventure. – Nikki Giovanni
24. It was love at first sight, the last look, always and always. – Vladimir Nabokov
25. Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite.
26. We accept the love we think deserve. – Stephen Chbosky
27. Love more than any pain you have ever felt.
28. If I know what's the love, it's because of you. – Hermann Hesse
29. Love loves to love. – James Joyce
30. Love is a fiery friendship. – Jeremy Taylor
31. I like you. I am at rest with you. I went home. – Dorothy L. Sayers
32. I discovered that if you love life, life will love you in return. – Arthur Rubinstein
33. Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. – Alfred Tennyson
34. The first love is only a little stupidity and a lot of curiosity. – George Bernard Shaw
35. The gift of love can not be given, it is waiting to be accepted. – Rabindranath Tagore
36. True love involves not only passion, but also commitment and wisdom.
37. When love is at its best, we love it so much that it can not forget. – Helen Hunt Jackson
38. It's the time you lost for your rose that makes it so important. – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
39. Love is a trap. When he appears, we see only his light, not his shadows. – Paulo Coehlo
40. Love is an energy that exists by itself. It's its own value. – Thornton Wilder
41. To love is both my greatest weakness and my greatest strength.
42. You are like the love of my dreams but better. You are real.
43. If you do not want me, do not interfere with my feelings.
44. You are a little, in a way, basically, always in your mind.
45. Your hand is the only one I need to hold.
46. I am addicted to how I feel when I think of you.
47. When I am my heart, it leads me to you.
48. You are not my number one, you are my only one.
49. I have never planned this, but you are the best thing that has happened to me.
50. Even though I've seen you a hundred times, I always have butterflies every time I see you.
51. Thanks for always making me laugh even when I can not even dare to smile.
52. In all honesty, I am happy only when I see you are happy. I guess that's how I like you.
53. I love you, not only for who you are, but for what I have become when I am with you.
54. I can not love myself so much and that's why I need you to love me.
55. Fights for me and I promise that I will do the same for you.
56. True love does not really mean being inseparable. It just means being separated, but nothing ever changes.
57. I want to run away with you. In a place where there is no one but me and you.
58. The love is life. So, if you miss love, then you miss life.
59. I'm never afraid to fall in love. I'm just scared of falling again for the wrong person.
60. If I do not worship you and love you, then I certainly do not deserve you.
61. Please, tell me what I did for you to earn in my life. I just want to be sure to keep doing it.
62. That's why I breathe, but sometimes you take my breath away.
63. Every day, I'm really grateful to have you.
64. I fell for you because of all those little things of which you are never aware.
65. If you are a book that I borrowed from the library, I would never return it.
66. I will not follow you in the dark. Instead, I will walk forward and enlighten you.
67. Distance is never a problem, because in the end, I know I have you.
68. When you are next to me, I have the impression that all my problems disappear in the air.
69. Thank you for making every miracle possible for me.
70. I will love you until all the stars go out and the tides do not turn around anymore.
71. I would never have accomplished what I have today without you in my life.
72. Every time I look you in the eye, I know you're the only one for me.
73. I never know what it's like to stupidly laugh at someone just before you meet, I love you.
74. Every time I look in the eyes, it's as if I have found the mirror of my soul.
75. You are the source of my joy, the center of my world and all my heart.
76. I do not need paradise because I've found you. I do not need dreams because I already have it.
77. Wherever I look, it reminds me of your love. You are my world.
78. If I know what love is, it's because of you. – Hermann Hesse
79. I do not stop thinking about you today, tomorrow, always.
80. Thanks for always being my rainbow after the storm.
81. God keeps me alive but you keep me in love.
82. Walk with me in life and I will have everything I need for the trip.
83. I may not be your first date, kiss or love, but I want to be your last.
84. The best feeling is when you look at it … and it is already watching.
85. Together with you, it's my favorite place.
86. I always fall in love with you every day.
87. The sun is up, the sky is blue, today it is beautiful and you too.
88. God be praised, someone sent me so that you could come and get me and love me.
89. I do not love you only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. – Ray Croft
90. For the world, you can be a person, but for one person, you are the world. – Bill Wilson
91. I look at you and see the rest of my life before my eyes.
92. Everything, all I understand, I understand only because I love. – Leo Tolstoy
93. And remember, as it has been written, to love another person is to see the face of God. – Wretched
94. To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved is everything. – T. Tolis
95. To be happy, it is necessary to make happy at least one other person. – Theodor Reik
96. I swear I could not love you more than I love him now, and yet I know I'll do it tomorrow. – Leo Christopher
97. You do not like someone because he's perfect, you like him despite the fact that he's not. – Jodi Picoult
98. I would rather spend a life with you than face all the ages of this world. – The Lord of the Rings
99. This is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages. – Friedrich Nietzsche
100. In contact with love, everyone becomes a poet. – Plato
101. The pleasure of love lasts only one moment. The pain of love lasts all life. – Bette Davis
102. Love is like war: easy to start but very difficult to stop. – H. L. Mencken
103. We are shaped by those we love. – Geothe
104. When love is not madness, it is not love. – Pedro Calderón of the Barca
105. You have bewitched me body and soul and I love, I love, I love you. – Love & Prejudice
106. The love is so short, the forgetfulness is so long. – Pablo Neruda
107. One word frees us from all the weight and pain of life: this word is love. – Sophocles
108. I would like to be able to go back in time. I'll find you sooner and I'll love you longer.
109. The best thing you will ever learn is to love and be loved in return. – Natalie Cole
110. I decided to stay true to the love. hate is a burden too heavy to bear. – Martin Luther King Jr.
111. You only need love. But a little chocolate from time to time does not hurt. – Charles Schulz
112. Where there is love, there is life. – Mahatma Gandhi
113. And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you carry. – Paul Mccartney
114. There is a craziness to love, a lack of reason that makes it so impeccable. – Leo Christopher
115. All of me love you all. – John legend
116. I'm going to need an oxygen tank if you keep taking my breath away.
117. I will never stop asking you to marry me, so that you always know that I love you as much as the day I asked.
118. Thank you for taking care of me, inspiring me, believing in me, encouraging me and especially loving me.
119. There is no need to say anything. Look in my eyes and you will see my soul and that will show you my love for you.
120. Thank you for undertaking this journey through life with me. There is nobody else I would prefer to have by my side.
121. Thank you for always making me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world.
122. I am so proud of you, I am so much in love with you, I am so grateful to have you in my life.
123. The best feeling is when I look at you and you are already looking at it.
124. I like you to give me the impression that we are the only two people in the world. It may be because you are really my world.
126. You are the greatest man I can imagine. You are going beyond my wildest dreams.
127. I do not need paradise because I've found you, I do not need dreams because you've already become reality.
128. All my life, I was a puzzle that was waiting to find his other half. Thank you for being my other half and for completing me.
129. When I look in your eyes, I see the soul that was made especially for me.
130. My favorite place is to be with you. Wherever you are, it's where I want to be.
131. I hope you know CPR because you are taking my breath away.
132. You know that you are in love when you can not fall asleep because the reality is finally better than your dreams. – Dr. Seuss
133. For it was not in my ear that you whispered, but in my heart. It's not my lips that you kissed, but my soul. – Judy Garland
134. If I know what it is that love, it is because of you. – Hermann Hesse
135. When we love, we see the infinite in the finite. We find the Creator in creation. – Eliphas Levi
136. To love, is to go back to a house where we never left, to remember who we are. – Sam Keen
137. Tell me who you love and I'll tell you who you are. – Creole proverb
138. Love is the great solvent of all the difficulties, all the problems, all the misunderstandings. – White Eagle
139. The only reward for love is the experience of loving. – John the Square
140. There is no cure for love, but to love more. – Henry David Thoreau
141. Do you love me because I'm beautiful, or am I beautiful because you love me? – Oscar Hammerstein II
142. Falling in love is terribly simple, but falling in love is simply awful. – Bess Myerson
143. All love is sweet – given or rendered. – Percy Bysshe Shelley
144. You are my breath, my love, my very life.
145. Today, I caught myself smiling for no reason … then I realized I was thinking about you.
146. He is everything to me. He is perfect for me. But the best thing about all this is that he likes me.
147. I would have followed him to hell when he asked me, and maybe I did it.
148. Kiss me and you may see stars. Love me and I will give them to you.
149. You are a loser, but you are my loser.
150. It's easy to think of you – I do it every day. We miss you, it is the sorrow of love that never goes away.
Aged with me; the best is still to come. – Robert Browning
152. Friends show their love in difficult times, not in happiness. – Euripides
153. Let the beauty of what you love be what you do. – Rumi
154. May you live as long as you like and love as long as you live. – Robert A. Heinlein
155. The true stories of love never end. – Richard Bach
156. The best proof of love is trust. – Joyce Brothers
157. It is impossible to love and be wise. – Francis Bacon
158. The fate of love is that it always seems too little or too much. – Amelia Barr
159. If you only have one smile, give it to the people you love. – Maya Angelou
160. A flower does not love you or hate you, it just exists. – Mike White
161. Love is the surpassing of oneself towards completion. – Ralph W. Sockman
162. What is love? It is the morning and evening star. – Sinclair Lewis
163. I am in you and you in me, mutual in divine love. – William Blake
164. Love is the flower that you must let grow. – John Lennon
165. Love begins with taking care of the closest ones, those of the house. – Mother Teresa
166. The beautiful life is a life inspired by love and guided by knowledge. – Bertrand Russell
167. The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love. – Hubert H. Humphrey
168. The course of true love never went well. – William Shakespeare
Life without love is like a tree without flowers or fruits. – Khalil Gibran
170. Regardless of the darkness of the moment, love and hope are always possible. – George Chakiris
171. Love is the beauty of the soul. – Saint Augustin
172. True love is selfless. He is ready to sacrifice himself. – Sadhu Vaswani
173. Love has planted a rose and the world has become sweet. – Katharine Lee Bates
174. I love you more than my own skin. – Frida Kahlo
175. Love is a flower like; The friendship is like a tree protector. – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
176. Love does not claim possession but gives freedom. – Rabindranath Tagore
177. I found that if you love life, life will love you in return. – Arthur Rubinstein
178. Jealousy contains more self-love than love. – François de La Rochefoucauld
179. You can not blame gravity for falling in love. – Albert Einstein
180. When love is at its best, we love it so much that it can not forget. – Helen Hunt Jackson
181. Eternity is in love with the productions of time. – William Blake
182. If you have to love me, let it be for nothing except for love only. – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
183. I'm happier when I'm right next to you.
184. My night has become a sunny dawn because of you.
185. The best thing you can hang is in life.
186. You can hold my hand for a moment, but you keep my heart forever.
187. I need you as a heart needs a beat.
188. Your love is all that I need to feel complete.
189. Come live in my heart and do not pay rent.
190. You are my song. You are my love song.
191. If I know what love is, it's because of you.
192. Sex alleviates tensions. Love causes it.
193. Where there is love, there is life.
194. A simple "I like you" means more than just money.
195. I am much more like myself when I am with you.
196. You are nothing less than everything.
197. As you see, every day I love you more.
198. I love you every beat of my heart.
199. You are that part of me that I will always need.
200. I do not want someone like you, I want you.
201. Your voice is my favorite sound.
202. We fall in love by chance, we remain in love by choice.
203. You make me happy as nobody can.
204. Your smile conquers my heart.
205. All my heart speaks of it.
206. My favorite place in the world is next to you.
207. My love, you are worth everything.
208. To love was the best decision of my life.
209. I'm melting when you call me baby.
210. You stole my heart, but I'll let you keep it.
211. A love, a heart, a destiny.
212. Tears are words that the heart can not say.
213. You do not know how much I care about you.
214. Here to love, to laugh and to rejoice forever.
215. Come live in my heart and never leave.
216. I like it when we can be weird together.
217. I want a wedding more beautiful than my marriage.
218. You have my heart for all my life.
219. If I did something good in my life, that's when I gave you my heart.
220. You hurt me but I still love you.
221. People confuse ego, lust, insecurity and true love. – Simon Cowell
222. I love you – I'm resting with you – I went home. – Dorothy L. Sayers
223. Love is like a virus. This can happen to anybody at any time. – Maya Angelou
224. A lot of good love can happen in ten years. – Jim Carrey
225. Life is a game and true love is a trophy. – Rufus Wainwright
226. Love is the silent word and the word of a single name. – Cute McLaughlin
227. Love often wears a mask to test its loyalty. – Minna Antrim
228. Love should not be bought and the affection is not priceless. – Saint Jerome
229. If I love you, I show you that I love you every day. Little things, big things. – Dwayne Johnson
230. If you want to love others, I think you should love yourself first. – RM
231. There is a woman at the beginning of all great things. Alphonse de Lamartine
232. The body of a beautiful woman is not made for love; it's too exquisite. – Henri from Toulouse-Lautrec
233. I love when people underestimate me and become pleasantly surprised. – Kim Kardashian
234. To love is the beginning of a romantic relationship. – Oscar Wilde
235. I love you too much, that's one of my problems. – Hervé Villechaize
236. My love for you is a journey; Leave forever and end forever.
237. I love you – these three words have my life in them.
238. All of me love you all. – John legend
239. Because I could look at you for a minute and find a thousand things I love at home.
240. And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you do. – Paul Mccartney
241. I never knew that you were someone who was waiting for me. Thank you never to give up.
242. If that's the only life I have to live, I want to spend the rest of my life with you.
243. You have given my life a whole new meaning. I will never let you go.
244. Now and forever, you and me
245. I may not be able to give you everything, but one thing is certain, all that I am is yours.